smartening – 15%
If a smartening response is done particularly well, raises important questions, has really cool examples or overall has a certain je ne sais quoi, I will give you extra credit. This is up to me though.
Smartening post requirements
- Each smartening must be at least *150* words.
- Each smartening should make sense or not be written as disconnected ideas; it should show you thought about the reading critically.
- Each smartening should quote or paraphrase part of the reading with an in-text citation.
- Each smartening should have a link to an outside text that adds to the discussion.
- If I ask a question, your post must address or answer the prompt. You may choose to reply to a peer, but your reply must be about the reading of the day.
- If there is no posted question, then your post must respond to the readings critically and insightfully.
- Your smartening must be free of spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes. ***I recommend you write your answer in word.doc and then copy/paste to the online discussion.***
Pass yay! (10)=Your smartening is thoughtful, critical, and uses readings to support or question ideas and/or readings. This response meets all the requirements
Pass ok. (7.5)=Your smartening is just a summary of a reading and isn’t very critical and/or it answers the question incompletely.
Fail (0)=Your smartening is incomplete, makes no sense, doesn’t seem to answer the question, or misses one of the requirements.
****There are scores that are in-betweens.