rhetorinalysisisis – 20%
Get ready to rhetorinalyze (use rhetoric, semiotics, and all the design principles you know so far) to critique a “baaaaaaad” website. This task is intended as preparation for your next two tasks because here you get to hone your thinking skills and theory application, AND you get this present: re-design the website you critique and present the analysis about how it could/should look along with screenshots of the “bbbbbaaaaadd” as evidence.
Here’s what you’ll get out of the task:
- upping of digital savvy as web designer and photo manipulator
- experience with theory and lenses for analyzing websites
- a line for your resume saying, “yo, i know about design”
some musts for the rhetorinalysisisis –
- it’s gotta use at least five legitimate (credible) sources from class readings helping to explain your ideas.
- it needs a separate MLA citations page for sources (including visual imagery you use).
- proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. it should be error free.
- it’s gotta be composed of at least five total web pages (works cited not included in this count).
- it needs to be between 1250-2000 words (5-8 pages).
- it needs to use an external stylesheet and have no HTML coding errors on home page.
- it has to include at least three visual images supporting work and at least three hyperlinks to examples or extra information.
- this is an argument, so it needs a clear thesis.
- it should maintain a formal tone, use critical thinking, and be organized (i.e., I expect an organized website with writing that has smooth transitions between topics).
- it’s gotta be designed with skill using design principles.
rubric coming soon