ideology activity links
- tv to medium shifts
- pensive penner
- selfishly indulgent
- off campus adventures
- cruelty free beauty
- players matter
- issues at hand
- scream scores
- visiting nerd
- doggy destressing
- millennial knitter
Statistics with credibility
- American FactFinder
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Hoover Library Statistics Resources
All images featured in the websites below are free to download and remix. However, be sure to check each photograph and/or website to ensure you are using a particular selected image appropriately under its license.
- Images in the Public Domain
- Clker (public domain clip art)
- National Gallery of Art
- Internet Movie Archive
- FreeImages -This website collects images licensed under a CC0 license. The main text of the website is in German, but the search function still recognizes English phrases.
- Creativity103.com -Cr103 is a library of free abstract backgrounds, textures, and design ideas you can cut and paste into your own work or just use for inspiration.
- UnSplash – All photos published on Unsplash are licensed under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or Unsplash. There is no general search function for the site.
- Pixabay – All images and videos on Pixabay are released free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0. You may download, modify, distribute, and use them royalty free for anything you like, even in commercial applications. Attribution is not required.
- SplitShire – Copyright-free, high-resolution photos that you can freely download and use for personal and commercial purposes.
- 1 Million Free Pictures – Free, public domain images for personal or commercial use. Credit is not required.
- Viintage – Free “vintage” public domain images.
- Grastiography – Free high-resolution pictures you can use on your personal and commercial projects. Click on an image to download the high-resolution version. New awesome pictures added weekly! All pictures were photographed by Ryan McGuire and free of copyright restrictions.
- PdPics – Pdpics.com is a repository of thousands of free public domain pictures and photographs. Use these stock photos freely in any project.
- New Old Stock – Vintage photos from the public archives. Free of known copyright restrictions. The search function is located in the upper left hand corner, as a small magnifying glass symbol.
- PickUpImage – Pickupimage is the largest collections of free photographs. Free download high quality premium free stock images, public domain photos. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- PublicDomainArchive – A public domain image repository, and a place to find inspiration and photography that you can re-use in your creative projects.
- StockSnap – All photos on StockSnap fall under the Creative Commons CC0 license. That means you can copy, modify, distribute any photo on the site, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- SkitterPhoto – All images on skitterphoto.com are available for download, they’re free to skitter around the world. All uploaded content is public domain.
White Paper Resources (ideas & information to use and inspire)
- Digital Media Learning Central
- Google Analytics
- TechCrunch (write articles using social media)
- TechMeme (create a magazine you curated)
- Nieman Journalism Lab
- Poynter Institute
- New York Times Social Media
- Spreadable Media Blog
- Henry Jenkins Blog
- Howard Rheingold
- Pew Internet Research
- docta muhlhauser’s photoshop videos
- adobe photoshop tutorials
- use McDaniel’s access to “atomic learning” in the portal
Online Resources for White Papers
Types of blogs
- Robin Good’s Mindmeister of Curation Tools
- paper.li (curate Twitter lists)
- Pearltrees (curate with a visually stunning mindmap)
- diigo (markup web text with annotations)
- Storify (write articles using social media)
- Scoop.It (create a magazine you curated)
- Zite (app collects articles for you)
- Flipboard (app puts social media into magazine format)